Address: Hotel Viking, Newport, RI 02840
The Marine Service Management course is offered by the American Boat Builders and Repairers Association (ABBRA). It is taught by experienced industry professionals and is designed for individuals presently working in, or working toward leadership roles in boatyards and marine service centers by providing broad-based and focused management training.
By the end of the course, participants gain exposure to new ways of dealing with the issues and challenges that are common throughout the boatyard, boat repair and boat building industry from their peers and seasoned instructors. Participants will leave with a concrete understanding of how to:
• Improve themselves, their work habits and leadership skills, including time management, scheduling, work force management and corporate communication.
• Manage repair and retrofit projects in the context of operational workflow
• Meet environmental management and safety standards
• Build and deliver a highly functioning customer service system, increase customers’ satisfaction and revenue taught.
• Avoid common legal issues and understand the basics of maritime law and how it affects boat yard operations.
• analyze a financial statement, create a budget, and produce an accurate estimate
• Handle emergencies such as fire, storms and accidents.
• and much more including administrative efficiencies, facility management, codes and standards.