— ABBRA Annual Meeting & Symposium —
Experience is the Best Teacher – Join the ‘On-the-Job’ Training Revolution
30th & 31st January 2018
The ABBRA Annual Meeting & Symposium focuses on the issues that affect boat builders, boat repair, boat service, service companies, and associated businesses. It is an opportunity to build relationships with other professionals that share common interests and challenges.
Hampton Inn, New Orleans Convention Center, & Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans.
A day to focus on some of the most important issues that are critical for the growth of boatyard and boat-building businesses, preceded the night before by ABBRA’s Annual Meeting and reception, Awards ceremony, and Certified Marine Service Managers certification.
This conference is for owners, operators, and managers of boat building, boat repair, boat service, and associated businesses. It is designed to promote professionalism in our industry, inspire you to consider necessary changes to improve productivity and determine what you can do today that will have a positive impact on the future results of your business.
Tuesday 30th January, 2017 – 6 pm to 9 pm
Annual Meeting, ABBRA Awards, Marine Service Managers Awards and Cocktail Party
Wednesday 31st January, 2017 – 8 am to 5 pm
- Connecting Students, Teachers & Employers to Boat Buiding and Repair through STEM. (Science Technology, Engineering & Math). Andrew Nydam – CORE+ Curriculum developer and trainer for Material Science.
- Creating Company Loyalty and Retaining Employees with a “Culture of Lifelong Learning”. Shirley Adams – Adams and Associates Consulting.
- Optimizing your Business’s Online Reputation. Nicole Jacques, Rhumbline Communications & Bethany Sigler, ABBRA.
- Innovation in Boat Building. Mike Arieta – The Hinckley Company.
- Interactive Roundtable, On the Job Training – How to Facilitate this Training Model into your Business. Scott Ellsworth – Jobs For the Future (JFF).
- Hurricane Experience: Lessons learned from the 2017 Hurricane season in the Virgin Islands – Rich Difede, Gold Coast Yachts
There will also be 2 lunch speakers:
- What you need to know about your Insurance Policy. Adam Phillips – Starkweather & Shepley
- MarinaLife. Joy Koch McPeters.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ABBRA office at 401-236-2466.