ABBRA Opens Registration and Announces Speakers & Topics for January 22-24, 2014, Boatyard Business Conference
Theme – Reflect, Rethink, Refocus: Business Leadership for Tomorrow’s Boat Building and Repair Industry
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – October 10, 2013 – The American Boat Builders & Repairers Association (ABBRA) announces its line-up of topics and speakers for the 2014 ABBRA Boatyard Business Conference. The event, which focuses strictly on issues important to boatyards, boat builders and marine service/repair businesses, will take place January 22 – 24, 2014, at the B Ocean Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and will offer conference participants a venue to hear updates on opportunities and challenges facing the boatyard/boatbuilding marine industry sector.
Registration is now open. Register early to receive 2013 rates; members who register before December 8th pay only $295 and non-members pay $395. After December 8th rates will increase to $395 for members and $495 for non-members.
The program will combine interactive sessions with experienced industry leaders, industry partners and leading non-industry experts with breakout roundtable sessions, and several networking and business-to-business events.
The conference is entitled “Reflect, Rethink, Refocus: Business Leadership for Tomorrow’s Boat Building and Repair Industry” and speakers will offer general session presentations on the following:
- Mark Lindsay, Principal, Boston Boat Works/MJM Yachts – “The Practical Application of “Reflect, Rethink & Refocus” for Your 2014 Business Plan”
- Tracy Mandart, AWMA, Wealth Manager – Regions Bank, Fort Lauderdale, FL – “Succession & Transition Business Planning Is a Hallmark of Leadership”
- John McKnight, NMMA and Gerry Nessenson, ValvTect – “The Facts About Ethanol, Alternatives and What They Mean for Boatyards & Builders”
- Chris Niles, UBS – “Reflect, Rethink and Refocus on the Economy”
- Jillian Murphy, The Syncretics Group – “Leadership at the Edge”
Breakout roundtables will focus on three different business aspects that will span both days of the conference: Business Development and Marketing, Operations, and Environmental and Safety.
The ABBRA Boatyard Business Conference is made possible through the support of Presenting Sponsors Starkweather & Shepley and Great American Insurance Company – Marine Division. Additional sponsors include American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC), Sea Hawk Paints, My-Villages, Dockmaster Software, Mirka Abrasives, Interlux/AwlGrip, PierVantage, Lumishore USA, ValvTect Marine Fuel, and Gowrie Group.
For additional information on the conference or for registration please visit www.abbra.org or contact Gordon Connell or Nicole Hoekstra at 954-654-7821.